If you are a property investor and receive income from your properties then you need to declare this to HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC).  Whether you are a landlord with just one property or you have built up a property ‘buy-to-let’ portfolio it is essential to have accountancy support as the HMRC is very diligent in finding landlords with non-declared rental incomes. The property investment market is growing and more people are using this as a way of investing for their future. Many landlords are in employment and use this as additional income so its even more important to get support from an accountancy firm that can advise you on accounting, property tax and portfolio planning.  Accounts can also support you with an exit strategy when you are ready to sell your properties.

How can Marshall Smalley Accountants help you?

We have experience with supporting landlords and property investors and are confident that once you understand your plans we can advise you in the best ways to manage your property portfolio.  

Some ways we can help you are:

  • Filling in tax forms and declaring to HMRC.
  • Preparing accounts on a monthly or annual basis.
  • Calculating tax and advising on potential tax reliefs.
  • Working out capital gains implications.
  • Minimising investors liabilities to income tax.
  • Ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements

Your situation will be unique so it’s important for us to find out about you and your plans for the future, we can then tailor a accountancy package which is most beneficial to you.

What’s your next step?

If you would like to find out more about how we can help then please get in touch and one of our Qualified Partners will contact you to discuss your needs further:

  • Fill in the contact box on the right, or
  • Email us on This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., or
  • Give us a ring on 0115 956 9452

We look forward to hearing from you!

To find out more about Personal Tax and Self-assessment - CLICK HERE.